Find-a-Part Case Study
Inspiring confidence with cost-effective Ultra Secure colocation services
Find-a-Part provides an information service for the recycled automotive parts industry. Manufacturing cars and replacement parts generates a significant tonnage of CO2 emissions per year. However, by purchasing auto parts from an environmentally friendly auto recycler saves the environment as well as money.
Find-a-Part has been providing a used auto part location-service for over 30 years. It acts as an intermediary between people needing parts and suppliers of used and recycled parts. The customer posts a request and is contacted by a supplier who can supply the appropriate part.
Products & Services
- Managed Colocation
- Dual-site hosting for backup and disaster recovery
- Network services and security
Ultra Secure customer service for peace of mind
Faced with spiralling colocation costs in London, Find-a-Part was looking for a provider located outside London who could provide a more cost effective solution and the high level of security that it found lacking at data centres in the capital. A key requirement was to maintain services by minimising downtime during the move.
Find-a-Part discovered plenty of space, power and cooling at The Bunker’s Kent facility; services that are increasingly difficult to find in most modern city data centres.
The Bunker is large enough to inspire confidence, as a safe, viable colocation provider, yet flexible enough to be able to meet Find-a-Part’s specific connectivity requirements. The team worked with the existing ISP and took advantage of being ‘carrier neutral’ to provide an innovative solution, that maintained Find-a-Part’s transit IP range and configuration.
The Bunker Colocation solution is an Ultra Secure data centre, located in the company’s military grade facilities outside the high-risk London zones.
The sites are connected to each other and the internet by The Bunker’s own MPLS enabled, fully resilient, redundant, multi-homed gigabit network, and staffed by technical and security staff around the clock.
- Competitively priced.
- Ultra security combined with 99.9% availability to deliver confidence and peace of mind.
- Ultra Secure Managed Hosting, Colocation and IT Outsourcing from within UK’s most secure data centres which are outside the M25 yet within easy reach of London.
- Hardened Source – a combination of Open Source and proprietary technologies built and integrated in-house by staff following the process and culture that underpins The Bunker‘s security.
- The Bunker is ISO 27001 accredited and PCI DSS compliant, and bears the BSI Kitemark, which assures clients that security and management procedures are subjected to rigorous, independent testing.
“The Bunker provided a fixed-cost contract, so we don’t have to worry about unexpected price-rises. We get the same service from The Bunker as we did from our previous colocation provider at approximately half the price. If we require ‘remote hands’, then we can hire The Bunker’s engineers at a reasonable hourly rate and they’ll even source PC parts for us if needed. At all times the staff at The Bunker have been helpful flexible and professional. I would whole-heartedly recommend them to any company that is feeling the pinch of escalating Colocation costs”
Justin Woodcock, IT Manager Find-a-Part