To find out how UK businesses are dealing with the challenges of building and executing a hybrid cloud strategy, The Bunker commissioned Vanson Bourne to interview 100 IT decision-makers from private enterprise organisations (1,000+ employees) in the UK about the types of applications and data they’re migrating to a cloud infrastructure, their successes and failures thus far, and to gauge how achievable hybrid cloud strategy is for their business today. The results form the basis of our “Hybrid Cloud Survey Report”, and they make interesting reading.
The results of our extensive survey provide compelling insight into current hybrid cloud adoption levels, the key factors dictating whether cloud migrations are successful or not, and the different types of challenges Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and IT decision-makers face when building and executing a hybrid cloud strategy.
Our survey of medium (1,000-3,000 employees) and large (more than 3,000 employees) organisations within the financial services; manufacturing; retail, distribution and transport; and “other commercial” sectors set out to answer the following key questions:
- How many organisations are adopting a hybrid cloud model?
- How successful have they been?
- What barriers are they encountering?
- Is a hybrid cloud strategy achievable for businesses today?
- What timeframe do organisations believe is realistic to deliver on their vision?
In order to get a clear understanding of how the IT industry is embracing hybrid cloud as a viable business strategy, our “Hybrid Cloud Survey Report” also posed the following questions:
- Why is your organisation implementing a hybrid cloud infrastructure?
- What top three factors enabled your organisation to successfully realise business goals or anticipated benefits with cloud migrations?
- What top three factors resulted in a failed or stalled Cloud migration, or failure to realise business goals or anticipated benefits?
- Who else have you engaged within your organisation for decisions concerning IT strategy, planning and execution?
- How important is it that your organisation’s IT and business strategies are properly aligned?
- How do you rate your organisation’s ability to execute on your vision for IT service delivery?
- What do you see as your organisation’s ideal model for future IT service delivery?
Our survey provides a wealth of valuable information and, together with our “Executive Guide to Cloud Storage” white paper, will give CIOs and IT decision-makers a good idea of what they need to do to make a success of hybrid cloud.
Download ‘Hybrid Cloud Survey Report’
Fill in the form below to get instant access to our “Hybrid Cloud Survey Report” and discover how organisations across the country are working to develop a successful hybrid cloud strategy.